Thursday, February 16, 2012

Six Cents!

So did anyone give Walgreens or CVS a try with couponing??  My friend, Whitney, left a comment about her CVS run and I'm so excited to head back and grab the deals that she got!

So now that you've tried a couple of stores with couponing, here's my next advice.

Step 2:  Give Harris Teeter a try.

I always thought of Harris Teeter as one of those elite grocery stores...kind of like Publix.  A bit too pricey for my taste.  But once you enter the world of couponing, you will find that both these stores are great when you only clip to buy.

Harris Teeter has a few rules that once you know, you should be good to go.  The wonderful thing about HT is that every couple of months they have SUPER DOUBLES!!  Normally they double coupons up to 99 cents (which is more than the usual double 50 cents that most other groceries do), but on SUPER DOUBLE week, they will double coupons up to $1.99!!!  This usually means you can get quite a bit for free or nearly free.

Here's the catch....
Rule 1:  You can only use 20 coupons PER DAY with your VIC card.
Rule 2:  You can only use 3 of the SAME coupon per day for the same item.

When HT has their SUPER DOUBLE week, I usually make one trip a day for as long as needed to use 20 coupons each visit and to use the ones that I have multiples of.  Thankfully HT is the closest grocery store to me and so it's not too inconvenient to do that.

Today I went to ONLY get the free items.  I got:  3 Revlon nail clippers (great for donations or gifts), 3 protein bars (ate one for lunch on the way home) and 3 bottles of hot sauce which the Fish Sticks and My Man and I love!  Grand total:  6 cents!!!  Yup!  Only 6 cents. 

I also planned on buy Kraft Homestyle Mac & Cheese, but they were totally out so I got a rain check and will check back when they get a shipment in this week.

And because I had 7-8 coupons for each of these items and HT only lets you use 3 per day (so one person doesn't wipe them out), I plan on heading back one or 2 more times, if it's convenient, to grab some more.

Sale runs through Tuesday of next week.  You can find 3 lists of good coupon deals at Southern Savers or the freebie list I found at Faithful Provisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment