Saturday, February 4, 2012

Just to Clarify...

Dear Readers,

It has been brought to my attention that my post about collecting coupons made some of you think that I might be swiping my neighbors newspapers.  This is not the case and I will re-write what I said in that post to clarify. 

There are several homes in my area (we live in the country, not a neighborhood) that are uninhabited and for sale and have been for some time.  These papers that I collect from their driveway are never picked up by anyone including their real estate agent.  Over time they pile up, get totally soaked and nasty.  I wait until there are several weeks worth of papers before I pick them up.  The ones that are unsalvagable, I trash.  The ones where the coupons are still in tact, I keep.  Sometimes that means drying them out by the fireplace.  These newspapers are not purchased by my neighbors.  They are free and only small, local papers with one reading section and the rest are ads and coupons.  There is one or 2 other neighbors who allow their papers to do the same....stack up in their yellow, plastic bags and make a huge mess at their mailbox.  I clean up their mess for them also and take the coupons that are able to be saved, but most of it needs to be thrown out.

I'm sorry for being unclear and sounding like I was stealing my neighbors papers.  I've heard of folks doing that and I would never do that.

Thanks for hearing me out and I'm so sorry I was unclear.


No comments:

Post a Comment