We love to have breakfast for supper, especially now that we have chickens who produce about 10 eggs a day! Every once in a while though I want breakfast but not the normal pancakes, waffles, eggs, biscuits. This week I decided to try something new.
Years ago I bought these great breakfast recipe pamphlets from here and I use them all the time. I thumbed through those and found a few recipes that inspired this supper.
We made a baked oatmeal that was 3 cups of oats and 1/3 cup of coconut mixed together. Pour 4 cups boiling water over top and bake. For fun, I added 1/2 cup of butterscotch chips. It made the recipe and was a huge hit - even to my coconut hating Man!!
I also found a recipe for Hootnanny Panckaes. It's 1 cup of flour, 1 cup of milk, 6 eggs and baked. I cut it into squares and put a scoop of apple pie filling on top.
Last I vaguely remembered seeing on a cooking show once (or maybe it was in a magazine) where they cooked eggs in muffin tins lined with ham. I gave it a shot and sprinkled cheese on the top. They were wonderful and all Fish Sticks and My Man gave them rave reviews.
Not your typical breakfast supper but definitely one to repeat!
No comments:
Post a Comment