Sunday, March 25, 2012

Announcement Board

 I am a calendar girl.  In my family growing up we all had a Daytimer book - filled with every bit of information we might ever need to record and recall.  We all relied on our books so much that we nick-named them our "Brain."  (My Man says I have stunted my short term memory by training myself to have to write everything down.)  Once paper started becoming outdated, we all tried moving our Brains into a handheld Palm.  It was a painful move to make and many of us didn't last with it but went right back to our paper Brains.

Over the years I had changed and tweeked my Brain.  One day I plan on sharing with you my Home Management notebook.  I am a big fan of Google calendar and I'll save that one for another post too.  And My Man got me an iPhone for Christmas and I'm wondering what I ever did without it.  But sometimes when you are managing a house full of kids, it's best to just write something out and post it.

So Sunday nights are my nights for organizing our week for all to see.  It's the announcement board of the home.  I write our schedule out on a great little wipe-off board I found at Dollar Tree.  I just copy it off my Google calendar so my son can see when his baseball games are and his orthodontist appointment, my daughter can remember her speech therapy and they all won't wake up this coming Friday a.m. dressed in their school uniforms because they forgot that it's the first day of spring break.
Then I write out our menu for the week.  This is always subject to change at my discretion, but it's a general outline of what I might be fixing.

The Fish Sticks just like to see what the plan is for the week and I find that it helps me also in getting glances throughout the day just in case I'm not on top of my iPhone reminders or Google calendar.

Houses just run better when there's order.

2 comments:

  1. Would you post a picture of it? This is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What photo did you want to see? The ones in the post are the weekly plan and menu plan. Just let me know.

    ReplyDelete