Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Crock Pot Desserts

You might remember that my meal planning this month was 20 meals taken from the crock pot cookbook Fix-It and Forget-It.  We have thoroughly enjoyed all the meals.  Some I was a bit hesitant about but we are pretty adventurous eaters and so far there were no bombs.  I think my favorite was the chicken curry with onions and sweet potatoes!

I also wrote down some crock pot desserts because in all my years of loving on my crock pot, I have neglected to try desserts.

I planned on sharing some great and easy crock pot dessert recipes with you, but since the blog is titled "Feeding the Fish Sticks," I assumed that maybe one prerequisite would be that the Fish Sticks love the recipe that I share.  So far they haven't been a big hit with them or My Man.  There have been a couple that I LOVED and everyone else just said OK about.

This one pictured was pumpkin pudding and I thought it was great....no other such sentiments in the Fish House.  I tried a chocolate peanut butter pudding cake.  Same response.  Then I did an apple cobbler.  The cobbler part was soggy instead of crunchy and caked together in chunks...edible but not worth repeating.  I've got 3 more to try.... Lemon Pudding Cake, Chocolate Fudge Cake and Blue and Black Berry Cobbler.  I've got my fingers crossed that maybe one of those will be blog worthy.  I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment