Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Rice Pudding

Yesterday we tried a new snack. I noticed when I was menu planning that Fix-It and Forget-It had Old Fashioned Rice Pudding in the dessert section.  A Mexican friend taught me to fix Sweet Rice for the Fish Sticks several years ago and I thought maybe this recipe might be similar.  The texture was not soupy like the Sweet Rice but most of them really liked it.  I thought it made a great snack too and the best part was it used ingredients I keep on hand and I made it at lunch in the crock pot so it was ready after school.

Old Fashioned Rice Pudding

2 1/2 cups cooked rice
1 1/2 cups whole milk (probably any would do)
2/3 cup brown sugar
3 eggs, beaten
3 Tb. butter, melted
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 c. raisins (we left those out)

Mix all ingredients and pour into lightly greased crock pot.  Cook on high 1-2 hours or low 4-6 hours.  Stir once during last 30 minutes.  Serve warm and cold.

So yummy!  Try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment