Sunday, March 11, 2012

Liven Up Veggies

I don't know about you, but sometimes we just get tired of plain, boiled vegetables.  They can end up being leftovers for several nights in a row if they aren't spiced up a bit. 

I try to avoid too much fattening additives in my cooking like cream soups and cheeses, but every once in a while I will add some to a veggie to give it a kick. 

This week I made Cream Cheese Corn.  I had a huge block of cream cheese that I bought at Sam's a while back (for the cream cheese Trisket cucumber snack I posted about).  I boiled the corn (frozen from last summer's garden), drained it and added a little salt, pepper, minced dried onion (maybe 1 TB) and probably 6 oz. of cream cheese cubed.  It melted into a creamy yumminess. 

What do you do to spice up vegetables for your family?

No comments:

Post a Comment