Saturday, March 10, 2012

Hot Cocoa Mix

We love hot cocoa around here.  Boxes of it seem to be economical when I can get them for 1.00 each but after one round of everyone having a cup, there doesn't seem to be many packs remaining in the box.

I started making homemade hot cocoa from a Betty Crocker recipe which we all love but it requires at least 4 cups of milk and can be time consuming when everyone wants a quick cup right away to help us thaw from playing outside.

Although this winter has been so mild in TN (did we even have a winter this year??), I found an instant recipe that seemed to be reasonable in price and I was willing to try it for an after school snack today.

It made about a half gallon bucket and 5 out of the 6 Fish Sticks said it was very yummy.  The other one wanted more sugar in his to which he was denied.  :)

Hot Cocoa Mix

4 c. powdered sugar
2 c. coca
5 c. powdered milk
2 tsp. salt
4 tsp. corn starch
2 pinches cayenne

No comments:

Post a Comment