Monday, April 23, 2012

Shopping this Week

 I thought I'd give you a new backdrop today instead of my dark wood dining room table.  Today it's the bright and cheery architectural drawings from My Man's office.  :)

Today was an interesting shopping day at Walgreens because I got tons of things that were not on my list.

My plan was to get Menopause Relief Tabs for $10 and get a $10 RR so they would be free.  They were out of those so I might check back.
Second on my list was Kotex U tampons for $3.99 getting $3 back in RR and I had a $1 off coupon making them FREE!
Third on my list was Psoriasis Relief cream for $5.00 getting $5.00 back in RR making them FREE!

Then I passed the clearance aisle.  I found Disney princess polly pockets for $1.60 a piece.  I took them all - all 6.  Not only would my girls love these, but they would make great gifts.  Then they had packs of Starburst for 33 cents each.  I got 6.  The Fish Sticks will get a big treat today at the baseball game.  The mint M&M's were also 33 cents so I got 6 of those for later surprise treats.  The grape Twizzlers were 63 cents a pack and I got 6 of those for later use.  Last I got packs of Dentyne gum for 33 cents each and got 8 of those.

So although these clearance items were unexpected, I only spent about $20 for them and they will go into the stock pile.
In CVS I got 3 American Greeting cards, choosing only the 99 cent cards, because I got $3 ECB back, making them FREE.  The Blink eyedrops were $8.99 with a $8.99 back in ECB but I found one box on the shelf with a $4 off coupon attached to it, so I made $4 from that purchase.  The Dream Water Supplement was $5.79 with $5.79 back in ECB making them FREE as well.  The U by Kotex was $3.99 with $2 ECB back and I had another $1 off coupon making them only $1 for the box.  My Man just found out that Children's Allegra is bringing him great relief from his horrible allergies (Oh if only I knew that 6 months ago!) and so they had them on sale for $9.99 each and I had a $2 off coupon.

In sum, all the items you see above (minus the Allegra) cost me nothing and I made $3!  Not bad.

We have a wrap up with baseball season this week plus standardized testing 3 out of the 5 weekdays, so posts might be slow this week, but they are all in my brain and I hope to get them out to you soon.  I want to tell you about my new favorite, ultra-healthy recipe, my attempt at ancient Roman pudding making in homeschool, a post about cleaning house and one dear to my heart right now about over-commitments.  Oh yea, and I hope to run in Harris Teeter this week during testing time to grab some freebies from super double weeks if they aren't wiped out already.

Until later...


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for taking the time to post in the middle of all of the things your family has going on. One of these days, I'm going to follow in your (and my sister's) footsteps and get Walgreen's and CVS to pay me for shopping there! :-)

    ReplyDelete