Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A New Shopping Experience

Today was a bit nostalgic for me.  Each year when my homeschool kids do standardized testing, I have 2 hours each day to kill.  The testing location is in an area of Nashville in which I never go.  It's kind of fun for me to explore another area of town.

Today I did a google quest for my bank so I could make a deposit.  It took me to a building that took me back to my days living in Singapore - in a very good way.  High rise grocery stores as clean as clean can be.  Several story high parking garages.  Buildings connected so you can freely go from one place to another and get back to your car with ease (assuming you remembered what level you parked on).

My GPS took me to a 3 level parking lot combined with my bank and Harris Teeter.  They actually had valet parking for free but I just couldn't bring myself to unloading myself and 2 Fish Sticks from my large van to a valet.  It just didn't seem right to me.  Now if I had been wearing my fur mink shawl from Great Aunt Gertrude, I might have considered it. 

I was a bit nervous pulling my 12 passenger van into the parking garage.  I just knew I would hit top.  I didn't, but my antennae went "boing" once.  We took the elevator and landed in the bank.  Walked across the way to Harris Teeter where they had another elevator for the pharmacy and paper products level.

The Fish Sticks thought we were at Disney - well not really - they've never been to Disney but they thought it was a huge treat to ride an elevator, taking turns to push the buttons while riding in a car buggy.

So I hit the last day of super double coupons.  I got 1 tube of Aquafresh for kids for 79 cents, 4 items of Garnier hair products for $1 each, 3 packs of Carefree liners for FREE, 2 packs of Tums for FREE, 2 packs of cat treats for FREE and 6 packs of Dentyne gum for FREE.  My receipt says I saved $30.33 in coupons and my total was $8.24.

Not bad and quite fun, I must say for this city-gone-country-girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment