Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Lunch Rut?

I get into a lunch rut with my kids sometimes.  I try to mix things up a bit so they don't get tired of the same ole thing.  My Fish Sticks who stay at home with me are not crazy about sandwiches.  They eat them occasionally, just don't prefer them.

I try to think of the basic food groups that I want to include in their lunch and come up with variations.

Today their protein was almonds, dairy was a cheese stick, carb was whole wheat pretzels and veggies were a carrot and homemade tomato juice.

Nice change from the typical PBJ sandwich, chips, apple and cookie.


1 comment:

  1. We are in a lunch rut! Send me some ideas for lunch boxes please! They are so burnt out on the sandwiches. I have done wraps, spaghettio's in thermos, etc. They just get sick of the same ole stuff (I don't blame them)! I like this idea on your plate, send some more!

    ReplyDelete