For June's meal planning, I decided to do 7 themes and choose 4 dishes (for each week of the month) for each theme. I got the idea from Passionate Homemaking. I like the idea but I think it might use up more of my monthly budget. Maybe it is because I tried new recipes with more expensive ingredients instead of keeping it simple. I looked through 3 different cookbooks to come up with some of the recipes. Either way, the menu looks pretty good this month. I will add side dishes with veggies from last year's garden that I have on hand in the freezer and/or the produce that is coming in from the garden right now.
Mexican:
Tacos
Chalupas
Enchiladas
Fajitas
Pasta:
Lasagna
Ham & Cheese Penne
Spaghetti Pie
Chicken Parmesan
Grill:
boneless, skinless thighs (BBQ)
kabobs with sausage, chicken, tomatoes, peppers, onions, mushrooms
hamburgers & hot dogs
Soup/Salad:
Mediterranean Salad
White Chili
Curry Chicken Salad
Chef Salad
Seafood:
Shrimp Scampi
Creole Catfish
Gumbo
Fish with Salsa
Breakfast/Egg:
French Omelets
Egg Bacon Bake
Broccoli Pie
French Toast & Bacon
The last section with be leftovers - so we will have them once a week. I might regret not doing a crock pot once a week. My 11 year old is wanting to help cook more, so hopefully I can put her to work and it won't seem burdensome in the long run.
No comments:
Post a Comment