Monday, August 27, 2012

Herbal Order

I've been a bit out of pocket with posting because I have been working on fund raising for our adoption.  This past week I opened my first Etsy shop, co-hosted a 2 day garage sale and participated in a children's consignment store.  Did I mentioned I also started filling out applications for grants?  So in the midst of all that, I didn't shop with coupons last week or even look at ads.

I did order from Bulk Herb Store though and wanted to show you what I got.  About once a year I place an order and try to place it with a friend to help with shipping costs.

Nettle Leaf - most of my herbal remedies call for Nettle, so it is always good to have around with cold season fast approaching.  Nettle has been proven to help with diarrhea, hemorrhoids, colon health, eczema and much more, plus it's full of rich vitamins!

Cinnamon - We use lots of cinnamon whether it be for cooking, baking or herbal remedies;  cinnamon is a good thing to have on hand. We add it to smoothies also.  It can be a tonic to the entire body.  It helps fight colds, chills and can kill a variety of illness-causing bacteria.

Ginger Root - I love Ginger Tea most of all.  Ginger is great for upset stomachs, digestive and circulatory problems.  It is great for nausea and motion sickness too.

Activated Charcoal - This is the first time I have purchased this.  It has been an anti-poison remedy for centuries.  It works as an absorbent of toxins in the digestive system, relieves gasses, eliminates fungi, viruses and bacteria and promotes recovery from food poisoning.  My kiddos have had a skin virus called Mulluscum.  It's harmless but makes small bumps on your skin that can irritate and form heads like acne.  Our pediatrician says there is no remedy and usually they go away within a couple of years!  YUCK!  That's a long time.  I read recently that a paste of activated charcoal mixed with raw honey can rid your body of this irritating virus.  I'm game to try it.

Jasmine Green Tea - I tried this a few years ago before I really got hooked on unsweet, herbal tea.  It tasted like flowers to me and I passed on future orders of this tea.  I've decided to give it another try.  Certainly I can get used to drinking flowers when it's so good for me??  It's rich in fluoride, can combat stomach and skin cancers and is a great way to boost your immune system.  An increase in consumption significantly improved the odds of survival of breast and ovarian cancer in patients also.  Sounds like a smart thing to me.

Creamy Pumpkin Pie Tea - I bought this last winter and absolutely loved it.  I added a few drops of stevia and some cream to the hot tea and it was like drinking yummy pumpkin pie.  It was perfect for cold, winter mornings.  It's made with red rooibos tea, cinnamon chips, orange peel, ginger root and cloves.  YUM!

If you want to learn more about herbs or order some, click on my family blog on the right and order from my button there.  You can search their site for all kinds of good articles and home remedies.  It's a great place to start and this company is what got me started on my herbal remedy adventure 9 years ago! 

No comments:

Post a Comment