On Independence Day my mom served a super appetizer and I knew I had to try it on my own. She said she found the recipe in the newspaper.
First slice green tomatoes and marinate them in equal parts of olive old and balsamic vinegar and sprinkle them with coarse/kosher salt.
While it's marinating, slice fresh mozzarella and have whole basil leaves ready. Thank goodness I had a basil plant this year. I've never bought fresh mozzarella but it was worth the $3!
Lay marinated green tomatoes on grill and grill on both side until soft but not mushy. Lay a basil leaf on each slice.
Lay the cheese over the basil leaf and grill just a tad bit to melt the cheese slightly. Absolutely delicious! I didn't take a pretty picture of them on the plate because they were gone by the time I got my camera ready!!
No comments:
Post a Comment