I did something a bit crazy today. I hesitate telling you because you will probably think I'm nuts.
A few hours ago I was setting up for our adoption yard sale tomorrow. I was wearing flip flops and suddenly felt stinging bites all over my left foot. I looked down to see hundreds of ants on my foot - so much that there were more ants than skin showing. Of course I went nuts...screaming, hollering, kicking, slapping, dancing to get them off. I went into the house and was frantically thinking of what I needed to do, as the stinging on my foot intensified.
Then I remembered this article I read a few years ago. Crazy to think of this, but I did. (I call that the Holy Spirit whispers.) Just yesterday I noticed this plant (weed), plantain, growing on the grass between our chicken coop and house.
I ran to the backyard with my 3 year old following. I picked leaves and being the country girl I am but the not-quite-extreme country girl as in the article, I wadded up the leaves in my hands, spit a few times on them, keeping rubbing and smeared them all over my foot. I did this 5 times as my Little Peanut kept running back down the hill to grab more leaves for me. Almost instantly the pain stopped and then I saw the little red bumps start to disappear. Amazing!!
I might be crazy to do that, but hey, it worked and I promise the Fish Sticks are having a plantain lesson tomorrow when I wander the yard with them. As many times as they get bug boo-boos, plantain is worth learning about. So who's going to do it next??

No comments:
Post a Comment