Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Expected Short - Took Too Long


Went to Walgreens today.  Had a few problems and it ended up taking me 5 times as long as it should have.  The Scope was $3 each and you get $3 RR when you buy 2.  I had 2 coupons for 75 cents off making them $1.25 each.  They had mislabeled the sign on the Scope, putting the deal sign on a much larger Scope, which of course did not ring up correctly so I caught that and we had it corrected.  The Omega Smart supplements were on sale for $10 and get a $10 RR making it FREE.  It didn't print and so I waited for the manager to get a form for me to fill out and mail in with a copy of  my receipt in order for Walgreens to mail me a $10 gift card.  I also purchased a Good 'N Natural bar for $1.29 and this Sunday's paper had a coupon for a free bar.  I wish I had more than one coupon, but it's not in the photo because it was my lunch.  :)  The total on these 4 items was $2.50 + a lot of trouble.  Guess it's par for the course.

I also saw that they had summer clearance items.  Since we frequent the lake and my mom's pool each summer, I always stock up on clearance items for the following year.  I grabbed a few swimming rings, arm floaties, water balloons and goggles all at super prices - 80% off.  I also purchased t-shirts for $2 each.  I am stocking up for a fundraiser idea I have for our adoption.  The tees rung up at $2.50 each and since I was getting 10, it was worth it to me to say something once again to the clerk.  I'm sure she was glad when I left.

I'm skipping CVS this week.  Didn't see anything that really struck me for a trip to the store.  Hope your couponing this week takes shorter than mine did.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment