Thursday, October 25, 2012

Great Deal

 I just love a good deal.  When I find a good deal, I want to tell everyone.

What I need to learn is that not everyone loves a good deal.

When I was a newly married woman, trying to keep a modest budget, I found a great clearance on clothing and jewelry at Paul Harris.  I was so excited that I called my new friend to share the news, even offering to head back to Paul Harris to shop with her.  Instead of squeals of excitement in return, I heard a hesitant, "Uh...o.k....sounds good....I'll have to check my schedule and get back with you."  She never did.

After contemplating this conversation, I realized that my Paul Harris clearance didn't appeal to my full-price-Talbot's-style friend.  Ever since then, I try to be more careful in selecting the recipients of my deal finds.

But since you all know I'm all about deals, here's what I found yesterday (with the help of my deal-loving friend who was 2 minutes ahead of me in finding it.  She called me as I entered the store to tell me, not knowing I was at the same store too!)

At Kroger yesterday they had a huge bin of trail mix snacks for 10 cents.  They are not close to expiration, just overstocked.  I just spent $11 for almost a gallon of banana chips so I was elated to find these.  Tropical Mix, Santa Fe Mix, Energy Mix and Banana Chips.  Needless to say I went bonkers.  I got both of these photos (some to pour into buckets, some to keep individually wrapped to grab on the go) and all for $8.80.  Yes, that equals 88 packs.

The bagger was a teenage boy and he asked me, after wowing at my cart, "What if your kids don't like this stuff?"

My reply was, "Then they will go hungry because they have to eat it."  :)

Thankfully the Fish Sticks and My Man were just as happy as I was.

We'll see if they still are after they consume 88 packs of this stuff!

2 comments:

  1. Great find! I followed up on your hot tip and went to our Kroger today. When I didn't see anything similar immediately, I asked the produce manager if they had manager's specials like that today. He said sometimes stores get a shipment they didn't order and they know it won't sell, so they mark down drastically. He offered to mark some down for me, so I got four packages for $.49 each. Not too bad, but not the 10 cents I was hoping for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom headed to the same Kroger I had been to but went a couple days later. They were wiped out and didn't have a single one left. Oh well. Glad you got a bit of a deal. It's been a great snack food and filling too for my Fish Sticks.

    ReplyDelete