Right now our weeks have quite a schedule.
Cross Country meets and football practice on Mondays.
Sports practices on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Football games and cross country practice on Thursdays.
Speech and football practice on Fridays.
With a schedule like this, careful planning is important for meals. Our first football game sent me in a panic to plan better after paying $20 admission for our large family and then putting down almost another $20 for hotdogs and a bag of chips for everyone. Not very filling or cheap!
I'm geared up and ready with a plan now.
This month I'm doing Mom Advice's meal plan for Crock Pot for a Month. We might not get to every meal for the month, but I'm happy to have those meals easy and ready. For the first 2 weeks we will have:
Week 1:
1. Roasted chicken with vegetables
2. Sloppy Joes with raw veggies and pretzels (great one to take to a game!)
3. Italian veggie and pasta soup (My Man has asked me to try to fix soup in a homemade bread bowl - hmm - maybe I'll post results later) with bread and salad
4. Pork Chops with homemade rice-a-roni and broccoli
5. Beef Stew with biscuits and salad
6. Sticky Chicken with baked potatoes and corn
Week 2:
1. Italian Sausage Spaghetti with rosemary cheese breadsticks
2. Sloppy Giuseppes with chips and apple slices
3. Tacos with corn chips, salsa and refried beans
4. Chicken Italiano with broccoli and angel hair pasta
5. Finger Lickin' Pork Chops with mashed potatoes and peas
6. Sour Cream Salsa Chicken and rice
Check out her meal plans if you haven't already. I'm a big fan. Easy, healthy (for the most part) and what can be better than crock potting every day????
No comments:
Post a Comment