Friday, July 6, 2012

July Menu Plan

Happy Independence Day to all of you.  I didn't coupon last week.  We had company in town.  I doubt I will be able to this week either since we are out of town.  Hope I'm not missing too many great deals.  They will have to wait.

I didn't post a menu plan for the month either.  The reason for that is because I don't really have one for this month.  Our garden is pouring in vegetables and my freezer has a few cuts of meat so we plan on living off the land for the most part.  We will probably have a few breakfast meals with our eggs.  Most meals will be a combination of green beans, potatoes, corn, tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, melons, blackberries, peaches, squash and zucchini.  Have I made any of you hungry?  It's what summers look like for us.  Lots of work.  Lots of yummy, delicious, home-grown foods.  So far it's been a good year for us if the heat can lay off a bit and the rain can come more frequently.

If you have never gardened, I just want to encourage you to give it a try.  Tomatoes just taste better when you got to see them turn red yourself on the plant!  How's your garden growing this summer?


No comments:

Post a Comment