Two years ago a great friend told me about E-Mealz. For just $5 a month, they provide all your supper menu planning. It's a total steal!! They have so many types of meals to choose from. When I was a subscriber, they didn't have near as many as they have added recently. They give you easy to follow recipes that are not too time consuming and a grocery list based on the sales of the week from particular grocery stores. It couldn't be easier. It's endorsed by Dave Ramsey and the 2 sisters who started the company are both believers.
Although I quit subscribing, I still read their blog regularly! We quit subscribing when our garden came in strong and we had just butchered 75 chickens. It was important that we use the food we had on hand from our farm and cut back on additional spending to keep up with the weekly menus. I highly recommend it though.
I first started out using their Aldi menu because it was the cheapest, but as good as the meals were, I realized that the nutritional value was not up to what we desired. I switched to the Point System for Walmart and enjoyed the lower fat/calorie foods but didn't like purchasing fat free processed items. Then we tried the Low Carb Walmart plan which the recipes were great, but we missed our carbs. :) I have a friend who has done the Publix menu for years and says it is wonderful. They recently added a more whole foods approach and another one which is more natural foods and less processed things - shopping the outside of the grocery store. If I were to subscribe again, that is probably the route we would go. All in all, I highly recommend it!!
So this month, I am re-using some E-mealz plans that I printed when we subscribed and put into a notebook. They are the Point System meals. I planned out 2 weeks and then will do a mid-month shopping again for the next 2 weeks.
1. Sweet and Spicy BBQ chicken with corn and garlic carrots
2. Garlic Meatloaf with broccoli and applesauce
3. Pork Tenderloin with yellow rice and green beans
4. Lemon Pepper Catfish with baked beans and slaw
5. Ham and Spinach Couscous with lemon broccoli
6. Carribean Shrimp and Rice with salad
7. Tuna Macaroni with Spinach greens and cantaloupe
8. Spicy Baked Tilapia with squash
9. Smoky Tomato Soup with grilled swiss toast, apples and grapes
10. Potato and Sausage Dinner with carrots
11. Braised Steak and veggies with broccoli
12. Moroccan Chicken with Pasta and salad
13. Chicken rolls Cordon Bleu with sweet peas and mushrooms
14. Baked French Toast with bacon and eggs
No comments:
Post a Comment