Sunday, July 8, 2012

Easy Cobbler

I have a feeling that this cobbler recipe might be known by most every cook around, so I hesitated posting it.  If this recipe is old hat to you, then move to dusting your house.  :)

We've got tons of blackberries growing this year and aside from freezing them for later use, cobblers are a great way to gobble them up.  Sometimes the Fish Sticks love to eat them in a bowl, covered in raw cream, sprinkled with a sweetener.  I discovered just this month that vanilla coffee creamer is awesome too on blackberries.

So in case you don't have a good cobbler recipe, let me tell you my fail-proof, easy recipe.  This can be used with just about any fruit/berries you like or a combination of 2.  I'm sure there are clear measurements on the web but I will just tell you what I do.

Spray a 9x13 dish with cooking spray.  Cover the bottom with berries (probably about 4 cups).  Sprinkle a yellow cake mix on top and drizzle one stick of butter over the cake mix (1/2 cup).  Bake for 30-45 minutes on 350.  About 10 minutes before done, cut through with a knife to help the butter saturate the cake mix.  Adding chopped pecans is yummy too.  Of course serve it with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment