When the tech came to fix the trash compactor, he glanced over at my dishwasher and started sharing important knowledge with me about caring for my dishwasher. He said that middle TN has hard water and that is why I have these awful stains in my dishwasher. He said over time, as it builds up, it affects the way the dishwasher runs and cleans. He told me to get Lemishine and run it through my dishwasher 2 times on the hottest and longest setting. After cleaning it, then ONLY use Finish dishwashing tabs with the red dot in the middle. NEVER use the liquid detergent as it builds up residue and could ruin the pump of the washer. Never use off brands as they also will mess up the effectiveness of the dishwasher and ALWAYS use a rinsing agent such as Jet Dry.
 |
| 3 packs of LemiShine for only $3.20. Finish was $15 plus a $1.50 coupon off. There's 85 tabs in this box, almost 3 months supply. |
You know that I am a money-saving mom so when he said "no off brands" I kind of cringed, but I also know that my dishwasher has NOT been cleaning my dishes very well recently and this build up inside looks pretty yucky. I was glad for the knowledge!!
 |
| The door BEFORE LemiShine. |
 |
| The door AFTER LemiShine. |
|
|
|
 |
| The inside BEFORE LemiShine. |
 |
| The inside AFTER Lemishine. |
Hey! Love this tidbit of info! Will definitely try since I have ruined MANY dishwashers! If you come across similar info about front loading washing machines, let me know. I have a Maytag Neptune because I adored my old top loading Maytag . . . Just was no beating a Maytag . . . Super durable and super cleaning . . . Unfortunately, and not to complain, the front loaders are no comparison. I fight buildup ALL the time. Had I known, I would have spent the money to repair the old one.
ReplyDeleteI am thankful for my nice washer ........ ( I have done without in the past) just wish I could lick this buildup problem. I use HE and bleach and advertised buildup removers ......
By the way, budget conscious that we are all nowadays, there is one product worth the money ...... Tide Pods for the washer! I would never buy for home use for obvious reasons but did buy a small package of them for a recent trip out of state. I'll skip the gory details but suffice it to say I had to wash REALLY dirty clothes in a not so good washer . . . The pods cleaned like a champ and made all the difference. I have used them ever since. They cost slightly more than powder or liquid of the same brand but those little bitty pods work SO MUCH better. I absolutely love the way they clean plus they are convenient plus they are not messy and you don't need fabric softener . . . I haven't figured that out but they may actually be a little cheaper since I no longer need fabric softener.
I am sure I don't have as much laundry as you but I bet I am real close. I must wash daily with six adults in my household. My washer and dryer are constantly going.
Thanks again for the dishwasher tip. I will remember to try it.
Melanie Keffer
very good to know! i gave up on my homemade stuff--too much residue-and started using melaleuca-it's a liquid though-looks like i'll be going back to the drawing board!!!
ReplyDelete