I can't believe how long it's been since I've posted here. You would think I would have caught up with spring break this past week.
So sorry - Hope I haven't lost my handful of readers. :)
This month I plan on using my Menu Calendar that I posted to you a few weeks ago. I've set it up and shopped for the first half of the month already. I still can't figure out how the author told me she only spends $300 on her family on a month's worth of groceries. My half month came to $250 at Aldi and I'm sure I'll be running back before 2 weeks ends.
I didn't write out the meals, but I'll take a photo of it to show you. I chose 3 desserts for the month to try and added 2 items per week from the lunch menu (5 of them are shown at the end of the month). You can also see the weekly breakfast menu that the Fish Sticks have told me they love and want to keep.
I haven't done couponing in the last couple of weeks, but used some Register Rewards that were about to expire to finish off my Easter basket purchases.
We had nothing planned for Spring Break and since the weather was cold, wet and snowy, it kept us inside for most of the time. I don't know about you, but without some type of schedule or routine, our days can end up pretty yucky - arguing and laziness abounding.
On Day 2 of Spring Break, before things got nasty around here, I made a chart. I decided to focus on 4 main areas (which really are pretty big focus areas around here all the time). Each area had a Bible verse to go with it. As I caught the kids working on these 4 points throughout the day, I would jot it down and then after supper, before our family devotions, I would brag on each one of them and tell My Man what improvements we had made.
I tell you that pointing out the things my Fish Sticks do RIGHT is always more rewarding than pointing out the things that they do WRONG. Ironic how much easier it is for me to correct, rebuke and fuss at their sins than it is for me to praise and affirm their good traits and qualities. Is it just me, or do you struggle with the same? Some Fish Sticks are easier to praise than others. Some I really have to make a conscious effort to FIND the praiseworthy things. It might just mean that I affirm my love and affection for them as some days are hard to find praiseworthy acts.
Habits are formed when there is consistent repetition and I feel like the Lord has been convicting me of this lately. As we wait for the arrival of our twins, I keep asking the Lord to show me what I can be working on with my kids here in my home. This one keeps coming back to me. Affirm. Love. Enjoy. Praise.
If you struggle with this to, want to join me in daily focusing on using more positive words in our child training than negative? I know our home will be blessed if I can make this a habit!
Great charts....I started a chart on our white board...each week I erase and re-do for Monday morning. I nag a lot less, remind less....it's better.
ReplyDelete