We are just now feeling normal after our jetlag is tampering off from our 10 day trip to Turkey to see family.
The Christmas decorations got put up yesterday and school starts back after the weekend.
It was a wonderful time and I'm trying to get caught up on my homemaking duties before hitting the normal school routine on Monday.
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year's holiday. We sure did.
Thank goodness I used my Pinterest recipes and doubled freezer meals before leaving, because that is what we have been living on since coming back home. One pin had 3 recipes: Goulash, Healthy BBQ Chicken and Chicken Curry. In my 17 years of marriage, I have never purchased fresh beets. Also in 17 years of marriage, I have never cooked a meal that 100% of our family members said was gross. That has all changed. DON'T TRY THE GOULASH! One Fish Stick said it looked like bloody stew. It did and the taste wasn't much better. The good thing is that the dogs liked it so maybe it wasn't all a waste. We ate the BBQ Chicken last night and since it had sweet potatoes and zucchini in it, I decided to put it (minus the chicken) in the food processor before serving. Most all Fish Sticks (plus a friend staying over) enjoyed it and had no clue what good veggies it contained. My Man said it wasn't his favorite though.
For this month, being a new year and all, My Man and I are attempting to lose the pounds that we put on over the holidays plus a few so nutrition and less is going to be key for us. I plan on using the frozen meals in the freezer and making lots of salads and soups. Here's what it looks like for us taking into account leftover night and a few breakfast suppers:
1. Goulash (already choked down)
2. BBQ Chicken (last night)
3. Chicken Curry
4. Sesame Ginger Chicken
5. Pineapple BBQ Pork
6. Crock Pot Ravioli
7. Beef Taco Soup
8. Lemon Garlic Chicken
9. Baked Tilapia
10. Salmon Patties
11. Grilled Chicken Salaad
12. Chef Salad
13. Basic Stew
14. Cheddar Ham Chowder
15. Chicken Rice Soup
16. Chili
17. Lentil Soup
18. Split Pea Soup
19. Creamed Cabbage Soup
20. Vegetable Soup
Hope to check back in more often than I have lately, but trying to catch up on our Turkey adventures on the family blog so bare with me. Can't wait to show you our Christmas gift exchange idea we did this year that was a big hit. Also, I just knitted a super cute cowl for less than $5 in just a few hours that I want to show you how to do. My couponing was totally put on the back burner since Thanksgiving so hopefully I can get those filed and start saving again. Last I have an idea of a family ministry that we all can do together easily. Stay tuned and happy weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment