If you have checked out my auction on our adoption blog, you can see I've been busy.
I used to be a huge crafter. I sewed, crafted and scrapbooked through every single Fish Stick nap. Those days are long gone but it was really fun having a personal deadline to get crafting and sewing done to post items to auction. Pinterest came in real handy as I searched things to make with things I had on hand.
Here's some of the things that I got off line: rick rack Christmas tree cards, snowman t-shirt, knit woven bracelets, hair bows, tree button shirts, & the reversible purse pattern.
I have lots of fabric from my curtain sewing days, so we used that to make the grocery bags.
I sew with knit all the time because the blog Make It and Love It has gotten me hooked on knit. The cheapest way to use knit is to buy jersey knit bed sheets at Goodwill for $2.99 a piece. I have knit in just about every color and it costs me a fraction of the cost going that route. There's so many fun things to do with knit. I stocked up on t-shirts of all colors and sizes last year as I anticipated opening my Etsy shop to make reversible applique Africa tees. My Etsy shop didn't take off like I anticipated and so I am left with loads of t-shirts. It's been my standard kid birthday gift this year. I searched Pinterest to come up with cute ideas, other than Africa, to make t-shirts.
And to add to my month of Pinterest Craze, I have been doing the freezer bag meals that I pinned. I think I already have 8 meals in my freezer and one cooking in my Crock Pot as I type. That's the kind of meal planning I LOVE!!! Anyone else tried those out?
No comments:
Post a Comment