I am so glad you dropped by to check out my new blog. I know that being a homemaker isn't always as easy as most might think. Sometimes our work is just downright exhausting: juggling schedules, training our children to obey and be a blessing, keeping the house clean, making sure our kids wear matching clothes with minimal stains and holes and most of the time just remembering if we, the mom, brushed our teeth in the last 24 hours.
This blog is centered around all of that. Homemaking. At least in our house, it seems that a majority of my days are centered around my kitchen. Meal planning, shopping, saving, washing dishes, preparing meals, preserving meals, clearing tables, thus the title "Feeding the Fish Sticks."
I subscribe to all kinds of helpful blogs. There's one that gives me recipes every day. There's one that tells me all the great couponing deals in my area. There's some that feed my soul and keep me in check with my attitude as a mother and wife. Some are devotional centered around the stage of life that I am in. Some of them are about mothering and training my children to serve and honor the Lord. And some are just good ideas whether it be shortcuts in the kitchen, decorating or help in how to remove stains. My blog will be just a bit of all of those things. Through it I hope to encourage, inspire, admonish, and share the joys and trials of homemaking. I hope you can receive some type of "take-home" through reading!
I am so excited! Cannot wait to read the new blog:)
ReplyDeleteWill enjoy reading what you have to share. I do believe we all encourage one another and glean from each other. While my children are no longer small children (half are in college), I am still blessed reading the blogs of moms with small children and remembering my own. I LOVED raising my kids . . . and still do love it in this phase of their lives. I loved being a stay at home mother and using any talents I might have had for my family's benefit.
ReplyDeleteI really enjoy watching the same journey with other moms. It is a special time of life.
Melanie Keffer
Olive Branch, MS