Here's what I got this week.
*8 packs of Stayfree for $1 each (they were $1.99 and I had a BOGO coupon)
*2 packs of children's Triaminic (they were 2 for $10 and I had a coupon for $3 off of 2, plus Walgreens gave me $5 back in Register Rewards - use like cash next visit - and so they were only $1 each)
*3 cans of Chicken Noodle Soup for 69 cents each from the in-ad coupon
*2 tubes of Colgate Total (they were 2 for $8, I had 2 $1 off coupons and Walgreens gave me a $4 Register Rewards which makes the toothpaste $1 each)
*3 tubes of Cortaid (Walgreens had an in-ad coupon for $2 each with a limit of 3. I matched that with a coupon from the paper for $3 off and they were all 3 free!)
I had on my list to get a protein bar for $1.99 with a $1.99 Register Reward, making it free, but totally forgot!! You can go grab it though this week.
Total without tax was $14.07!!!
CVS was a quick, simple run. They had Extra Care Bucks (used as cash on next visit) for Blistex. I matched that with a 55 cent coupon and they cost me 32 cents.
The deal with Revlon was that if you bought 2 Revlon items, CVS would give you $7 back in Extra Care Bucks. I just chose these 2 products because they cost $3.19 and $3.59 which made them free (actually I made 22 cents).
These great deals were made with no coupons so go ahead and grab them this week!
Last was Kroger. They had a deal this week that if you buy 10 participating items, you get $5 off your order. I bought a total of 20 participating items and matched them with coupons so I got $10 off my order. I purchased:
*9 boxes of Triscuits (My Man's favorite) for $1.33 each
*6 boxes of Post Cereal (just when I posted an anti-cereal campaign - ha ha!) for $1.50 each
*5 boxes of Kleenex for free (they were 99 cents and I had a 50 cent coupon that doubled)
I paid about $21 before tax for all these items. Kroger surprised me with a $1 money back coupon from Kleenex at the checkout too. Yippee!!
I'll be posting later how YOU can save like this too!!
I have done this a few times and it is too much fun. It takes some time to gather up the info but otherwise, it is a blast to see how many things I can get for cheap to free. Around Thanksgiving I loaded up with name brand chicken broth, and Campbell's brand soups for $.49 per can.
ReplyDeleteThis is a good suggestion for any size family but especially bigger families.
Melanie Keffer
P. S. I noticed and laughed about your selection of cereal after reading your breakfast post but understand also that much cereal doesn't really go as far as you might think for a family as large as yours. I have four grown ones and the boys can devour nearly a normal box each at one sitting. I go through milk and orange juice like you would not imagine and even limit orange juice drinking to breakfast meals.
I also have to tell you I laughed at your list of subs for cereal . . . You seriously feel pig-in-a-blankets are healthier than cereal??? :)
I'm not being mean. Just thought that was cute. I understand what you were driving at. When I buy cereal, sometimes I buy it in bulk because the boys like a late night snack before bed and those "little" boxes go nowhere. I also buy healthier types such as bran flakes and serve that with fruit. We use a lot of fruit at breakfast, sometimes fresh, sometimes cooked . . . Fried apples, for example. Not very time consuming at all. All kids need nutrition but my boys in high school do better with a well-rounded hot breakfast because of the sports they play. They could not make it on pig-in-a-blankets for breakfast - or cereal either. :) I almost always have an appropriate meat with breakfast, sometimes just eggs, but usually a meat also, and of course, a bread of some kind - toast, biscuits, english muffins, bagels, pancakes, etc.
I also understand age of kids you are feeding is something to be considered when planning breakfast menus. Just commenting from a mom with older kids.