Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Blender Jar

I haven't dropped off the face of the earth, but close to it. 
This blog hasn't been what I had intended it to be and I've dropped the ball in many areas. 
Right now, I'm contemplating closing shop over here at Feeding the Fish Sticks and just focusing on our family blog.  Still not sure yet, but thinking....

So in the mean time since it's been over a month since I've posted, here's a post I planned a while back but never actually wrote.

My blender jar was broken by a Fish Stick putting dishes away.  The company that I ordered the replacement from sent the a jar with no lid that my old lid didn't fit.  Then they sent another jar with no lid instead of just the lid.  Then they finally sent the lid.  During all this rigamarole that I had to deal with, we were without a blender for a LONG time.  Too long for this family.

My son remembered that a long time ago we had seen on Pinterest that you can use a Mason jar as a blender jar.  The mouth is the same size for most blenders. 

It was perfect...especially when I was making a 1 serving smoothie.  I just drank straight from the jar.

So just in case your blender jar breaks and the company messes up your replacement order....now you know you can just use a Mason jar.  You're welcome.  :)

2 comments:

  1. I've got plenty of blender jars, it's been other parts that broke down . . . And they weren't cheap blenders! I am searching for a well made blender that stands up to our use!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I'm a reader who enjoys your household tips and observations . . . Hope you continue. Who says it has to be a certain time frame? :)

    ReplyDelete