Friday, July 26, 2013

Maxi Skirts

I started my summer going nuts making maxi skirts. I bought a stack of solid jersey knit flat sheets at Goodwill for $2.99 a piece. I used a simple pattern from Pinterest and made about 6 skirts, half of them long and the other half calf length. They r much more comfortable than shorts and cooler too. I'm hooked. 

Excuse my look of disgust in this photo. I'm really a happy person, just have a hard time with selfies. 

5 comments:

  1. Cute! I like wearing skirts in the warmer months, too. And great idea to use jersey knit sheets from the thrift store!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned to sew at an early age also. In my case, my mother made me . . Ha! Made me take home ec and the whole enchilada. But over the years I have grown to enjoy it. When my kids were little, I used to crank out the shorts and t- shirts for our family of six very year for vacation. I remember making 64 short/shirt sets in a weeks time one year. I'd get creative and mix fabrics, patterns, etc

    Anyway, it's been a few years since I've sewn much and I've got the bug again. I love decorating my house so this time I'm going after window treatments.

    I enjoy reading about your sewing projects. You do things a little different than I do, so that is why it is fun to read about yours.

    Take care and keep posting!

    Melanie Keffer
    Olive Branch, MS

    ReplyDelete
  3. CUTE! I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a sewing rock star! And I love that scarf!!

    ReplyDelete