Monday, May 6, 2013

May Menu Plan

 Did you think I dropped off the face of the earth?  I certainly have won the inconsistent blogger award.  Life's just been busy and I continue to blog in my brain but never take the time to actually make it happen at my computer.  Thanks for being patient with me.

I took a break from coupons last week and the photo above shows you my meal plan for May.  I have thoroughly enjoyed my Menu Calendar.  Having a busy soccer season has made it a bit crazy for supper time, but I cook what I can to take on the road and switch things up a bit.  If you were wondering why nothing is planned for the last week of the month, it's because last month I planned so many meals and didn't really have much flexibility on empty days that I had lots of meal plans left over.  This last week will account for that shifting that will probably occur as the school year wraps up.

Below is a super, duper yummy recipe that we made.  We still have whole chickens in our freezer from when we raised chickens to butcher 2 years ago.  This recipe took some advanced planning but it was well worth it.  The Fish Sticks were eating it off the bone before I even placed the bird on the table.  It was that good!  Try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment